We are officially under a month till tiny human turns one. All systems are go (by go, obviously I mean I have written a list and aim to tick things off before we reach her birthday). I am going to go overboard. Its nothing that can be changed or stopped, but I hope still to keep it fun (if I blog about how I didn’t get to sit still through out the whole party, please feel free to tell me to suck it up).
Here is a few little tid-bits of how this party will hopefully roll out.
Theme: I’m not really one for ‘themed’ party’s. Reason being that I never tend to go big or bold enough so that it works. I’ve seen some super mums pull off themed parties (Yes B, I am talking to you, waaaaayyyyy jealous of your hard core party skills), I just don’t think I’ve got it in me. Yet.
When tornado is three and demands to have a zombie/barbie/beach/toga party I may just jump at the challenge. I could have gone with a tornado themed party, but I doubt everyone would have enjoyed having fans blasting everything in their faces. Instead we are just going with a ‘yeah that sounds girly enough’ planning idea. I’ll let you know if I pull if off. If so then I will gladly pretend she had a theme all along.
Things I need to get/sort out/make/order/make another list for:
- birthday present – we are going to DIY her present, and have aimed to do this for any future children also, wish us luck
- outfit – so far she will have two costume changes. Don’t judge me, I worked in performing arts.
- decorations – how much is too much when decorating at the park. I might get in trouble for this one
- food – really dont want to bake anymore after my crazy christmas baking. Its ok to order all the food for a first birthday right?
- cake – really dont want tornado to have refined sugar. Am crazy horrible aggressive about it. Must test healthier recipes
I’m excited but scared about how everything is going to turn out, invites are out, there is no turning back now.
Here goes nothing. Much love peeps xxx