I’ve never really been any good at keeping resolutions. For as long as I can remember ‘lose weight’ has always been my go to. And for as long as I can remember I have never really kept myself focused enough to follow through with that one. All my resolutions fall by the wayside.
But this year I feel different, different in a ‘I created and gave birth to a real little person! I invincible! 2013 come at me bro, I’m ready for you’. Realistically I’m not invincible, and have a low tolerance to anything that takes time, but hey, it’s a new year anything is possible.
So I’ve titled 2013 – the year of making it stick (if you have not seen the movie ‘Stick It’, making it stick refers to when a gymnast attempts a move/routine and gets it right, she makes it stick).
This year I will make it stick. Aim and achieve. Say it and make it happen. Less talking about doing it, more doing it. Talk big, only to win big. Set goals, touch goals.
This year procrastination will be starved. Projects will be finished, challenges will be set. It’s game on in our house.
With in the theme of making it stick, these are my ‘realistic’ resolutions for 2013.
– one random act of kindness per month. Pay for someone’s coffee, baked goods for a neighbour I don’t know, send baby clothes to new parents, volunteer or fundraise for charity. This one is for my heart.
– lose a minimum of 7kgs. The number is out there now. Aidan’s desperate for more babies, but I’m refusing till I shed the weight. I have already started on this one. New years morning i got up for a 6 am run. Hopefully I can keep this up. This ones for my body.
– photography course. I’ve been talking big on this one for three years. I love taking photos for fun. I just want to know all the things my camera does. It’s about time to use it properly. This ones for my mind.
– a new adventure each month. Family travel in our own back yard. It will disgust you to know that I have not seen any other state in Australia besides WA, but have been to Bali 5 times. I am a revolting statistic, I have to change. So we are aiming to visit some favourites spread across our great country this year. Broome, Adelaide, Cairns and Sydney we are coming for you (should our bank account allow us). This ones for my soul.
– finally, we will buy a house. If Aidan wants me to get all walrus again I need some where that I can nest up and make pretty. It’s the deal maker. This one is for my family.
*side note: I’m not even a quarter as eager for more babes at the moment due to a fairly active tornado that I spend a fair chunk of time with day to day. Should that tornado turn into a sea breeze, perhaps I might be more inclined. Yes to more babies, no to more tornados.
So that’s it. That’s my year. I’m ready, lets do this. What’s your resolutions? Do they make mine look like a walk in the park? Or do you have any suggestions on how I can achieve mine? Help is always appreciated.
Much love peeps xxx